I kinda miss Oprah’s massive holiday giveaway shows, and I kinda think that if I were Oprah, I’d do massive giveaway posts all-things running (and running-ish) related! But I’m not, so I’ll just share six of my current faves.
1. Fushia Rose. It’s “Anybody that’s anybody’s drink” tag line is pretty amazing. My neighborfriend brought this over for my bday, and it’s FABULOUS! I’m not 100% positive (because I may or may not have been imagining it), but it tasted ever-so-slightly tongue-tickling! Like kinda bubbly, but not. And it’s a rose. Win-win!
2. Want to know what all the cool girls are wearing under their clothes? Oiselle Strappies! These puppies sell out FAST, so grab them while your size is still in stock. Oiselle just released the coolest neon yellow and orange colors in the Strappy, but the new hot pink Lesko Bra made a strong case to my ’80s roots. Done deal. Gotta keep the girls happy, right?
3. Third to chocolate and a good IPA, cupcakes round out my top 3 favorite foods. Lucky for me, Sprinkles just opened up 10 minutes from my house! This is dangerous. Especially since they just brought back the salted caramel cupcake (which, in case you were concerned, I will test thoroughly on Sunday when I pick up my order for Blondie’s 3rd birthday!). I promise a full report on Monday.
4. Seattle grunge was big in the nineties and never quite left my life. I love a good plaid something fierce. Done with your plaid flannels? Send them my way! The older, the better, I say!
5. I’m obsessed with spaghetti squash! It’s so easy to cook (cut open, scoop out seeds, brush with olive oil, roast for about 40 minutes, and scoop out), it’s delicious, and it’s healthy! I’ve been buying my marinara and tomato-basil pasta sauces at Costco lately, but when I’m feeling fancy, I’ll splurge on the ultra-expensive Rao’s tomato-basil or vodka sauce. I’ve never been to New York, but I’ve always thought it would be super cool to eat at the original Rao’s in Manhattan. I wonder if Deena Kastor could get a reservation there while she’s in town to run NYC! Word on the street is that it’s super hard to get into, but if you get in, the food is unreal.
6. Blondie has more fun playing with this box than she does with any of her toys. This is no joke. The laughter that explodes from within the box at times is indescribably joyous! The bonus? When Blondie and Mini-me are playing with the box, there’s no fighting! They pull each other around, play castle, play hide-and-seek… and there’s NO FIGHTING! It’s pretty much the best thing ever.
Tomorrow is Blondie’s big day! Get excited!